Requests are frequently received for OSEDA faculty to make public presentations regarding social, economic and demographic changes and trends. The requests are received from a wide range of Missouri groups, organizations, agencies, communities, etc. The presentations typically utilize either Power Point or transparencies as visual aides.
In some cases the audience to which OSEDA has made the presentation asks for a copy of the graphics/maps used. In lieu of a handout the most effective way we have found to meet such a request is to make the graphics available in the presentation section of the OSEDA Web site.
- Accessing 2010 Missouri Census Data and Other Resources. Audience: 2010 Senior Levy Network Conference, September 26, 2011, St. Louis, MO.
- Assessing the Well-Being of our Children: Measures Matter. Audience: Kids Count CTF Conference, April 14, 2011, Jefferson City, MO.
- Missouri Trends and the 2010 Census: Opportunities and Challenges in the Springfield Regional Economic Partnership. Audience: Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce, April 13, 2011, Springfield, MO.
- The State of Rural Missouri. Audience: Missouri Rural Development Partners, March 11, 2011, Columbia, MO.
- Missouri Trends 2011 to Ozark AGA. Audience: Ozarks Chapter of AGA, March 3, 2011, Springfield, MO.
- Leadership Speaker Series - Be Inspired. Audience: Lindenwood University School of Education Graduate Students, October 25, 2010, St. Charles, MO.
- New and Powerful Ways to Measure Learning. Audience: MSBA/MASA Annual Conference, October 22, 2010, Osage Beach, MO.
- Missouri Student Success Network & Missouri Alternative Education Network 3rd Annual Workshop for Alternative School Administrators. Audience: Alternative School Administrators, October 13, 2010, Jefferson City, MO.
- Demographic Trends in the U.S. and Missouri: Implications for Urban Extension. Audience: University Extension, September 2010, Columbia, MO.
- Demographics of Boone and Callaway Counties. Audience: Daniel Boone Regional Library Board, September 16, 2010, Columbia, MO.
- Social and Economic Trends in Missouri. Audience: Advanced Leadership Seminar, March 31, 2010, Lake of the Ozarks, MO.
- Changing Missouri Demographics: Local Population Trends. Audience: Legislative Workshop, January 22, 2010, Springfield, MO.
- Missouri High School Dropout Trends: The Rates and the Demographic Context. Audience: Task Force on Dropout Prevention, September 29, 2009, St. Louis, MO.
- Social and Economic Trends in Missouri. Audience: Lafayette County LEAD, September 24, 2009, Higginsville, MO.
- The State of Our State: Why We Need Community Collaboration. Audience: Partnering for Success - School, Family and Community, April 3, 2009, Osage Beach, MO.
- Indicators of Well-Being Among Seniors. Audience: St. Louis Times Geriatrics Symposium, December 12, 2008, University of Missouri - St. Louis, MO.
- Social and Economic Trends in Missouri: Missouri's Communities and Change. Audience: Lexington Rotary Club, November 12, 2008, Lexington, MO.
- Social Trends Influencing Families in Missouri: Whither the Middle Class?. Audience: 2008 Catholic Conference, October 4, 2008, Jefferson City, MO.
- Leadership Camden County. Audience: Community Leadership Teams, October 1, 2008, Camdenton, MO.
- Social and Economic Trends. Audience: Chamber Fall Exchange, September 25, 2008, Columbia, MO.
- Building New Economic Development Information Tools in a Web 2.0 World. Audience: Missouri Governer's Conference, September 15, 2008, Jefferson City, MO.
- Recent Demographic, Economic and Poverty Trends. Audience: Missouri Community Partnerships, September 12, 2008, Columbia, MO.
- The State of Saline County. Audience: Local Policy Makers April 24, 2008 Slater, MO.
- The Power and Potential of Data to Inform Improvement. Audience: 2008 Missouri School Board Association Leadership Summit, June 6, 2008, Branson, MO.
- The State of Saline County. Audience: Local Policy Makers April 24, 2008 Slater, MO.
- 2008 Lake Business Conference. Audience: Local Policy Makers March 25, 2008 Osage Beach, MO.
- Chamber of Commerce 2008 Annual Planning Retreat. Audience: Columbia Chamber of Commerce and Columbia City Council April 2008 Columbia, MO.
- The Power and Potential of Perceptual Data to Inform Improvement. Audience: Missouri Student Success Network March 12, 2008
- First-Year Teacher Survey, 2007. Audience: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education January 2008 Jefferson City, MO.
- Missouri Economic Development Council. Audience: Missouri Economic Development Council November 2007 Columbia, MO.
- Regional Demographics: The Lake, Jeff City and Columbia. Audience: Camden County Excel October 2007 Camdenton, MO.
- Demographic and Socio-Economic Trends in Johnson County. Audience: Johnson County Planning and Zoning Commission August 21, 2007 Warrensburg, MO.
- Serving Southeast Missouri Seniors. Audience: Southeast Area Agency on Aging July 25, 2007 Cape Girardeau, MO.
- Regional Demographics. Audience: Mid-Missouri Economic Summit June 29, 2007 Jefferson City, MO.
- Demographic Changes in Missouri. Audience: Missouri Library Planning Group May 9, 2007 Osage Beach, MO.
- Hispanic Student Performance on Missouri Standardized Achievement Tests. Audience: Cambio de Colores Conference April 2, 2007 Kansas City, MO, .
- 2007 Lake Area Business Conference. Audience: Lake Area Developers March 7, 2007 Osage Beach, MO.
- Missouri Girl Scouts "Downstate" Council. Audience: Girl Scout Leaders of "Downstate" Council June 22, 2006 Springfield, MO.
- Overview Demographic Trends: a context for development in Pettis County. Audience: Leadership Sedalia - Sedalia Area Chamber of Commerce April 19, 2006 Sedalia, MO.
- MSSN Survey on At-Risk Services and Collaboration Summary. Audience: Pathways Conference April, 2006 Columbia, MO.
- Missouri Senior Report 2006. Audience: Missouri "Show Me" Summit on Aging and Health March 28, 2006 Springfield, MO.
- Evaluation and Monitoring: Developing Indicators and Measuring Impact. Audience: Community Development Academy March, 2006 St. Louis, MO.
- HEALTHY SCHOOLS/HEALTHY COMMUNITIES. Audience: Annual MARE Conference February 25, 2006 Lake of the Ozarks, MO.
- Ozarks Technical College - Career Round Up. Audience: Ozark Technical College February 16, 2006 in University of Missouri Columbia, MO.
- Missouri's Watersheds: Opportunities and Challenges for Tomorrow. Audience: Missouri Watershed Information Network January 24, 2006 in Port Arrowhead, Lake of the Ozarks, MO.
Presentation Archive by Topic
- Changing Demographic Patterns in Missouri and Arkansas 1980-2000. Audience: Agricultural Lenders School, June 11, 2004 in Columbia, MO.
- Missouri's Changing Face: Opportunities and Challenges of Tomorrow. Audience: Missouri Department of Natural Resources Conference on Demographic Change, March 15, 2004 in Jefferson City, MO.
- Missouri's Changing Face: A Glimpse of Tomorrow. Audience: Missouri Community Development Society, September 11, 2003, Teleconference.
- MSBA Annual Leadership Summit — Missouri's Changing Face: A Glimpse of Tomorrow.. Audience: Missouri School Board Association, June 27, 2003 at Lodge of the Four Seasons in Osage Beach, MO.
- Promoting the Economic and Social Vitality of Rural America: The Demographic Context. Audience: This presentation was made by invitation to a conference entitled: Promoting the Economic and Social Viability of Rural America: The Role of Education. The U.S. Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service and the Southern Rural Development Center of Mississippi State University jointly sponsored the conference. The conference was by invitation only. The 35 participants were generally research social scientists having specialties in public education, human capital and rural development. Participants were from 21 different states extending from California to Maine. The Population Resource Center of Washington, DC sponsored this presentation. Rural Education Conference, New Orleans, LA - April 2003
- Presentation to the Rolla Regional Faculty. Audience: Rolla Regional Faculty, February 17, 2004 in Rolla, MO.
- Demographic Trends and Missouri's Children. Audience: Missouri State Board of Education April 21, 2005 in Jefferson City, MO.
- Building Capacity to Plan for Demographic Transformations. Audience: CareConnection Board Meeting November 4, 2005 in Warrensburg, MO.
- The Changing Demographics of Missouri Seniors. Audience: Interdisciplinary Geriatric Assessment Program at Washington University April 20, 2005 in St. Louis, MO.
- Status of Senior Population: St. Louis County 1990-2000. Audience: St. Louis University Summer Geriatric Institute, June 3, 2004 in St. Louis, MO.
- Show Me Summit on Aging and Health. Audience: Show Me Summit on Aging and Health, March 8, 2004 in Osage Beach, MO.
- Latinos in St. Louis Today by Dr. Daryl Hobbs. Audience: Cambio de Colores 2004, March 10-12, 2004 in St. Louis, MO.
- Review of Demographic Trends Among the Missouri Latino Population and Discussion of Future Information Needs by Dr. Bill Elder. Audience: Cambio de Colores 2004, March 10-12, 2004 in St. Louis, MO.
- Trends in the Perception of School Climate and Community Satisfaction in Areas Receiving Hispanic migration in Missouri during the past 15 years. Audience: Cambio de Colores Conference March 31, 2005 in Columbia, MO.
- Missouri and the 21st Century: Opportunities and Challenges for Tomorrow. Audience: Missouri Community Betterment Conference October 24, 2005 in Columbia, MO.
- Continuing Change in Southwest Missouri: The Creation of New Opportunities. Audience: Ozark Regional Economic Partnership, April 28, 2004 in Springfield, MO.
- The Springfield Metro Area: Growth & Change. Audience: Springfield Good Community Committee, March 4, 2004 in Springfield, MO.
- Presentation to the Interim Committee on Job Creation and Economic Development. Audience: Interim Committee of the Missouri Legislature on Job Creation and Economic Development, September 23, 2003 in Jefferson City, MO.
- Building Ozarks Rural Sustainability in the 21st Century. Audience: Regional Agency Officials, Organizational Leaders and Citizens
- Overview of the U.S. North Central Region. Audience: U.S. State Treasurers
- The Missouri Medicaid Program: A Graphical Profile. Audience: Governor's Medicaid Reform Commission August, 2005.
- Presentation to Hannibal CHART Partnership. Audience: CHART Partnership September 15, 2004 in Hannibal, MO.
- Missouri League of Nursing Demographic Trends Affecting Health Care in Missouri. Audience: This presentation was requested as a general session during the Missouri League of Nursing 50th Anniversary Annual Convention, April 9-11, 2003 at Tan-Tar-a Resort in Osage Beach, MO. Continuing Education Units were available to participants.
- Presentation to MoDOT Senior Management Team. Audience: MoDOT Senior Management Team December 14, 2004 in Jefferson City, MO.
- Collecting and Managing Data. Audience: 2005 Show-Me The Measures Summit July 13, 2005 in Jefferson City, MO.
- Showing You the Data. Audience: 2004 Missouri Grants Summit Pre-Conference Workshop August 3, 2004 in Jefferson City, MO
- Successful Applications: Development Issues. Audience: Missouri Census Data Center Conference July 20, 2004 in Jefferson City, MO.